When: 6 PM
Where: George Washington School 67 Wall St, Kingston, NY 12401 Cafeteria
Access to the school for set up will be at 6 PM with the actual demo starting at 6:30 PM for approximately one hour.
A group of Scouts will be divided into units, so that each demo station can do a 12 minute or so pitch. (Depending on how many volunteers we get from the shire.
So far we have:
Brigitte and Sachiko on sweetbags and spices/cooking
Alayne on Calligraphy
Seraq and William on siege/warfare and castle life
Carrick on clothing.
If you have materials to share, or would like to help, please contact me as soon as possible.
When: 6 PM
Here is the Shire Schedule for February:
February 05 – Youth Fighting, Heavy Fighting
February 06\07- Setup for Dancing Fox at Old Dutch Church (https://goo.gl/maps/dP95mbsVPWFoShWb9 ) (times will be announced)
February 08 – Event- DANCING FOX – Info https://www.eastkingdom.org/event-details/?eid=3544
February 12 – February Business Meeting, Heavy Fighting
February 19 – Youth fighting and Heavy Fighting
February 26 – No Meeting due to Ash Wednesday
- – Abel atte Watere
On January 15, 2020 The Shire of Nordenhal voted to approve our new Refund Policy. Attached below is a .pdf of that refund policy.
-Abel atte Watere
ARTISTS & SCHOLARS EXHIBITION
- On April 18th in the Barony of Carolingia, the MoAS Office is sponsoring what it hopes to be a regularly occurring, rotating, kingdom A&S event.
- The event is based, not around competition, but is instead about creating spaces for positive feedback and interactions about A&S in the Kingdom.
- The event will foster a supportive learning environment where artisans can guide each other as they learn, both about their field of interest, but also about how they can take their documentation, research, and individual A&S projects to the next level.
- This event will feature:
- An A&S Display with an all-day EK Consultation Table available for one-on-one feedback
- Classes- suitable for both beginning and advanced artisans- about research, presentation, display, documentation, and A&S culture.
- Laurel’s Challenge Communities based around 10 A&S topics, including:
- Fiber Arts
- Martial A&S
- Bardic Arts
- Paper Arts
- Studio Arts
More information about event registration and participation will be available as soon as all Laurel’s Challenge Communities have been assigned a mentor, and challenges have been finalized.Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are going to hold a silent auction at Dancing Fox to help make up the deficit caused by not being able to have the raffle (although all but one person donated the money for the tickets sold, before we were informed that we had to cease.)
That said, if you have items that you are willing to donate for the silent auction, please let me know via email ASAP, and be able to give me a minimal bid.